The Ultimate Guide to Making Samosas at Home
Samosas are a popular Indian snack that are loved by people all over the world. They are crispy on the outside and filled with a delicious savory filling on the inside. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make samosas at home from scratch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix the flour, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add water and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin, fennel, coriander, and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, peas, carrots, green chillies, ginger, and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and roll each part into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a circle of about 6 inches in diameter.
- Cut the circle in half and make a cone shape by bringing the straight edges of the half circle together.
- Stuff the cone with the potato mixture and seal the edges with water.
- Deep fry the samosas in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
- Take out the samosas from the oil and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Now that you know how to make samosas at home, you can enjoy this delicious snack whenever you want. Samosas are perfect for parties, movie nights, or even as a midday snack. Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out!