Is there anything better than a warm, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookie? We don’t think so! And with this recipe, you’ll be able to create the perfect cookie every time.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir dry mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls, about 2 tbsp each, and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Tricks
- For extra gooey cookies, refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before baking.
- If you prefer a softer cookie, reduce the baking time by a few minutes.
- Use high-quality chocolate chips for the best results.