Are you a meat lover who’s also trying to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet? This vegetarian chili recipe is the perfect solution! Packed with hearty ingredients like beans, tomatoes, and vegetables, it’s so satisfying you won’t even miss the meat. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the black beans, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the frozen corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and serve hot.