Homemade ravioli is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be made from scratch in your own kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of patience, you can create a flavorful and hearty meal that your whole family will love. Here’s how to do it:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, eggs, salt, and olive oil. Mix until the dough comes together and then knead it on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the dough into thin sheets, about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the sheets into 2-inch squares.
- Place a tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto each square of dough. Brush the edges with the beaten egg and then fold the square in half to form a triangle. Press the edges together to seal.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli to the pot and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Drain the ravioli and serve with warm marinara sauce.