How to Make Authentic Japanese Ramen: A Step-by-Step Guide
Ramen is a beloved Japanese dish that has become increasingly popular around the world in recent years. While it may seem intimidating to make at home, with a few key ingredients and some simple steps, you can create a delicious bowl of authentic Japanese ramen in your own kitchen. Here’s how:
- 1 lb fresh ramen noodles (dried will also work)
- 1 lb pork belly, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- Nori sheets
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place the sliced pork belly on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- While the pork belly is cooking, prepare the broth. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce, miso paste, mirin, and sake. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions.
- Once the pork belly is done, remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble your ramen bowls by dividing the noodles among four bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles, then top with the sliced pork belly, green onions, soft-boiled egg, nori sheets, and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy your homemade bowl of authentic Japanese ramen!