Enchiladas are a classic Mexican dish that are easy to make and are always a crowd-pleaser. In this recipe, we are going to be making Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas that are not only delicious, but also packed with healthy ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add garlic and red onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Warm up the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with the sweet potato and black bean mixture, roll up tightly, and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Once all the tortillas are filled and rolled, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Top with optional toppings, if desired, and enjoy!