Indonesia is known for its variety of delicious fried rice dishes, and Nasi Goreng Kambing is one of the most unique and flavorful among them. This dish is made with fragrant rice that is stir-fried with tender chunks of lamb, a variety of aromatic spices, and a medley of vegetables, resulting in a dish that is both hearty and delicious.
The key to making a great Nasi Goreng Kambing is in the spices. The dish typically includes shallots, garlic, chilies, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and a variety of other spices that give it its distinctive flavor. The lamb is typically marinated in a spice mixture before being stir-fried with the rice, which helps to infuse the meat with even more flavor.
In addition to the lamb and spices, the dish also includes a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, peas, and green beans. These add both flavor and texture to the dish, and also help to make it a more nutritious meal. To finish off the dish, it is often topped with a fried egg, which adds even more richness and flavor.
Continuing on the delicious journey of exploring Indonesian cuisine, our next dish is the mouth-watering Bakmi Goreng, which translates to fried noodles. Bakmi Goreng is a flavorful and satisfying dish made with stir-fried noodles, vegetables, and protein.
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into small pieces
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup of cabbage, sliced
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tsp. of oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- Boil the noodles until cooked, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the noodles and sauces to the wok, and stir-fry for a few more minutes until everything is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!