If you’re a fan of Japanese cuisine, then you must have heard of ramen – a popular noodle soup dish that is loved by many. This article will guide you through a step-by-step process of making authentic Japanese ramen from scratch. So, let’s get started!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 servings of ramen noodles
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- 4 sheets of nori
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth over medium heat.
- Add the pork belly, onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sake, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork belly and let it cool. Once cooled, slice it into thin pieces.
- Boil the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Assemble the ramen bowls by placing the noodles at the bottom, then adding the pork belly slices, soft-boiled egg, nori, and green onions on top.
- Pour the broth over the noodles and toppings.
- Enjoy your homemade authentic Japanese ramen!